Part of The New Art and Science of Teaching series
Only when teachers have in-depth knowledge of reading skill and literacy development can they deliver best-practice reading assessment and instruction to students. The New Art and Science of Teaching Reading presents a compelling model for the stages of reading development, structured around five key topics: (1) foundational skills, (2) word recognition, (3) reading fluency, (4) vocabulary, and (5) reading comprehension. More than 100 reading-focused instructional strategies are laid out in detail to help teachers ensure every student becomes a proficient reader. Guide students at all stages of literacy development, from learning the basic concepts of print to demonstrating advanced reading comprehension.
Discover a research-based reading model to guide your instruction:
- Understand how to best utilize The New Art and Science of Teaching framework for teaching reading comprehension and other reading skills.
- Explore a reading model that addresses how to articulate content, implement specific instructional strategies, and navigate reading-related issues that might arise in the classroom.
- Understand which elements of instruction are best suited for teaching reading.
- Explore how general strategies for teaching can be employed alongside specific strategies to enhance teaching, enrich learning and literacy development, and improve the classroom environment.
- Access free reproducibles, including exercises, games, and readings for the classroom.
Abiva is the exclusive distributor of Marzano books in the Philippines.